Prayer points for July - August 2011
BBC step focus – “Step on – towards Maturity”
Give great thanks for the Church Weekend – but be in prayer for our response to the challenge of a dangerous Jesus!
Pastoral Team (more details from Chris Sheldrake)
- Please keep this small team in your prayers, asking for His protection
- Pray that the team can show God’s heart to those in need, whatever that need may be - being His hands and feet in Burlington and the wider church family.
- Pray that we will use the opportunities the summer presents (e.g. Soul Survivor) to be refreshed in body, mind and spirit and spread the Gospel message
- Continue to pray for preparations for the October Mission trip. The team will be fully involved in English teaching, creative sessions etc.
- Pray that God will sustain this outreach to the local gyspy community and enable all those involved to be motivated by His love for those in their care
Inspire (more details Chris Sheldrake)
Give thanks for:
• many lives changed and healed through counselling – God has been at work!
• faithfulness and commitment of our Counsellors, Receptionists, Trustees and Supporters.
• a recent Leaders Breakfast – great support and encouragement as well as a sharing of ideas
Please pray for:
• More clients – we have capacity for new clients at present
• financial support – more and more clients are unable to pay the full cost of their sessions
• our vision – to continue to develop the service and engage with supporters
- ‘Biblefresh’ – celebrating the book of Life in 2011
- Libya, Syria, Yemen affected by ongoing turmoil
- Sudan as it splits into two countries imminently
- Parts of the USA affected by tornados